Best and Worst Things About Getting Older
In my early thirties but sometimes feel like a teenager.
- •Best: you feel freer by realizing that not everyone is staring at you if you have a pimple. They don't really care.
- •Worst: all of your friends are too busy to notice you have a pimple.
- •Best: you've had enough life experience that you don't sweat the small stuff. You can put things in perspective.
- •Worst: you've had enough life experience to know that nothing is really as simple as it seems.
- •Best: you are much smarter in many ways. You can synthesize all of the different things you've learned over the years.
- •Worst: your brain is really tired from learning all of that stuff. Basic math is really hard.
- •Best: you've made so many good friends from so many places: school, camp, work, friends of friends.
- •Worst: your good friends live all over the country (or out of the country). They are all starting to have kids and you haven't spoken to them in two years.
- •Best: you start to learn to accept yourself as you are.
- •Worst: who you are is tired, saggy, and achy.