Words I find interesting because of their sound and/or spelling
Not favourite words list 📃 as I've seen lots of those flying around recently. These are words that have something about them that will make me say them over and over again in my head.
- •BonkersSo this is a word of two halves. I feel like they're opposites almost, BON - is so nice and rounded, but then in comes KERS switching the whole sound and feel of the word up. Maybe it's that opposition which gives a touch of onomatepoeia maybe. Even though I find it really interesting, I'd rarely ever use the word myself.
- •MinutiaeSo even when I said this word incorrectly (issues of reading a lot as a child but not interacting with anyone) I still thought the spelling was fascinating. The T followed by an I, an A and an E! This was really out there. Then one day I learnt how to say it properly, and now I could repeat it to myself all day long.
- •PeonIt's so compact ❗❗❗
- •SegmentThis one is all about the sound and again I'd say it's onomatepoeia. The way the word is segmented after the 'g', the sound is lovely.
- •SupremeIt's the 'preme' part of this word that I love the sound of.
- •SynergyJust have to say this out loud to understand IMO
- •SolaceThe way it's spelt compared to the way it sounds.. Mmmmm another one that feels like onomatepoeia.
- •TinctureAll about the 'tinct' sound!
- •SoliloquyLove the sound of this, but until recently had been spelling it incorrectly! How shameful 😝😨