BREAKFAST: THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY?
- •As with most nutrition "science," we just don't knowNote those quotation marks...
- •It's really hard to do good science on human nutritionExperiments can't be properly controlled, because you can't force massive numbers of people onto controlled diets for years.
- •The best we can do is make observations and look into correlationsAnd correlation does NOT imply causation
- •Many people skip breakfast and report amazing results for weight loss, gaining muscle, and feeling more energy
- •Many people have a hard time losing weight and feeling healthy if they skip breakfast
- •Having many contradictory studies from reputable sources is a dead giveaway that the experimental system is flawed
- •So, should you eat breakfast?
- •Listen to your body, eat it if you feel good when you eat it, skip it if you feel good when you skip it
- •The science just isn't there to recommend anything else