Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of What The Heck
Everything that went wrong in my pursuit of my absentee ballot and freedom 🇺🇸✌🏼️
- 1.Five days ago I filled out my absentee ballotOne statement ran through my head the entire time "my parents would kill me if they could read this"
- 2.Easy- peazy- right? Wrong.I then had to mail in my ballot, and being a procrastinator...well you can imagine
- 3.Sunday I arose from my slumber with this shocking realizationMy ballot had to be back to the clerks office by 8pm Tuesday or it wouldn't be counted
- 4.And tomorrow... It's a MondayOnly so many hours in a day to mail that sucker out
- 5.I put too much draining emotional effort into this ballotI won't let anything stand in my way. Murica' 🇺🇸
- 6.Recently turned 21 and have yet to renew my license- you know what that meansNo driving my car because I value the law also I am mostly paranoid of getting a ticket
- 7.Get out of class at 4, post office closes at 4:30Who ya gonna call?... ghost-besties
- 8.I texted a total of three people trying to mooch off their car driving capabilitiesConvince someone that it's an adventure they'll buy it ...
- 9.Two of the most loyal citizens I know came to my rescue
- 10.Casually ran inside the post office, obviously the cashier had a less then stellar dayLooks at my ballot envelop - looks at me
- 11."Nothing like waiting till the last minuet huh?" - post office ladyThank you. Shut up. I'm doing it for America.
- 12.Cost of overnighting an absentee ballot =$22.95
- 13.Cost of renewing expired license =$45.00
- 14.Cost of exercising my liberty to vote = pricelessAnd it feels so good- even if the candidates aren't #GodBlessAmerica also this parking lot sunset