Things I smelled, saw, and heard at a #notmypresident rally
I went to observe a #notmypresident rally in downtown Grand Rapids tonight, this is a list of what my senses took. Positive and negative interactions but it was quite peaceful and interesting.
- •Smelled: Cigarettes
- •Smelled: Sharpie
- •Smelled: Bar food
- •Heard: Sniffling noses
- •Heard:"Its really cool that you're expanding your thoughts"
- •Heard: "Can I take a picture with your sign?"
- •Heard: "I respect that"
- •Heard: Lots of yelling
- •Heard: "Thank you for your service"
- •Heard: Profanities
- •Saw: Police lights
- •Saw: College students, Families, Old folks
- •Saw: Sunset
- •Saw: Old man holding an American flag who hugged a gay woman holding a signThey were strangers who had struck up a conversation