Degree Seeking at nearly 40. Career Change Madness, and How Will I Get There?
This is a total self observation. I'm slowly making my way through my college years, in a year when I will be turning 40.
- •Why? I moved to Florida (and theme park capital of the world), mid way through my expected collegiate years. Decided I would put education on hold and live out my dream as a professional dancer.
- •Ok, I did that, and that's awesome. But now, I feel like I have been missing something.
- •My professional performing career is over, so I have moved to teaching. Again, it's been awesome as well. But... Yep, still something was missing.
- •Enter my start of a college career 2 years ago. Slow moving, but ambitious, while working full time.
- •I will finally complete my AA Degree in early 2017.
- •From there? Well, here's where my brain has cartwheeled around.
- •Toyed with the idea of Archaeology!Great and interesting topics, but will I really travel the world for months or years at a time at this point? No.
- •Maybe Wildlife Conservation! Or Zoology!I love animals, I consider myself an advocate for animal rights and environmental concerns. But what are the requirements? More science? More Statistics?? Lordy no.
- •HistoryFascinates me but, what to do...with it...
- •Art HistoryThought I would love it. But, oh what a snore.
- •English Lit?Now we're talking. I love writing, analyzing, and reading lit. So, ok, maybe.
- •Where have ended up? Right along with my original focus for my AA in General Studies.Eh, I'll just call it a degree in a little bit of everything!
- •What to do with my life post-degree?The jury is still out on this one.
- •Just proves, I may take my education much more seriously these days. But I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!