FILMS I HAVE WATCHED WITHIN THE LAST 6 DAYS
I will watch anything.
- •'Hard to Be a God' by Aleksei GermanI saw it at Cinefamily.I had no idea what it was besides the description I read online : "Scientists are sent to the planet Arkanar to help a medieval civilization and rescue intellectuals." It's in Russian & 3 hours long. It took 13 years for the film to come out because the director was editing/mixing sound & then he died & someone released it. People cover their faces with shit (literally). Intestines everywhere.Jazz solos. A long still shot of donkey dick. I actually "can't even".
- •The Mystery of Natalie Wood by Peter BogdanovichPlease youtube & watch the Christopher Walken scenes. Thanks.
- •It Follows by David Robert MitchellWatch out for Jake Weary. He was the drummer in my first band. I had no idea he was in the film and I screamed in the theater when he showed up on screen. Watching him "do it" made me uncomfortable though. Congratzzz Jake!
- •Something Wild by Jonathan DemmeBest soundtrack. Including 'Total Control' by The Motels. One of my favorite songs,besides the sax solo. I hate saxophone. Anyways. John Waters & The Feelies cameos.
- •Cast AwayI don't sleep. I actually can't sleep. If I somewhat fall asleep, it can't be in silence. I just moved to LA from NY (for a while) & it's dead silent at night...so I put on films for sound. I put on Cast Away almost every night this week because A. I won't want to stay up & watch it B. it's long enough to reach my "if you get over 2 hours of sleep you won't die (yet)" rule. I did have several dreams with Tom Hanks in them though.
- •AnnieI tried. I swear.
- •Hot Tub Time Machine 2It was 4/20 and my bestfriend/band mate Johnny out it on. I have no idea what it was about or what was going on, maybe because I was the only one who wasn't stoned. I'm all about the Christian Slater cameo 🔥
- •Armageddon by Michael BayThe whole thing is bathed in red,orange & blue. It's edited into a giant montage. There is a somewhat/light sex scene involving Liv Tyler & animal crackers. MOST EPIC ARROWSMITH MUSIC VIDEO EVER!
- •À Nos AmourI love "coming of age/emotional downward spiral" films. This has been one of my top 5 favorite movies since I was 13. I still sort of relate. Except my version of it is a lot less romantic/glamorous/beautiful...or French. 🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚