Albums that influenced me.
These musical masterpieces shaped my love for music.
- 1.Thriller - Michael JacksonI used to listen to this album over and over again. It's just perfect. I would later see MJ at Disneyland (1984), white glove and all.
- 2.Business As Usual - Men At WorkI wouldn't have given Australian bands a thought had it not been for Men At Work. INXS and Midnight Oil would follow as my other favorite Aussie bands.
- 3.Violator - Depeche ModeThe album that almost tore apart a music store in Beverly Hills. I ended up buying my first leather jacket after hearing this album.
- 4.Disintegration - The CureThe soundtrack of my high school years. Prayers For Rain and Fascination Street were my favorite songs to work out to.
- 5.Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell - Social DistortionThe songs that I wish I would have thought of. Raw, honest and hard driving. The outsider in all of us wins with this album.
- 6.Doolittle - PixiesDifferent than anything else at the time. I listened to the cassette in my Walkman for two weeks straight while visiting my family in Ireland.
- 7.Licensed To Ill - Beastie BoysRap would never be the same again. The album tat got them on the rise. Later albums would explore their true musicianship. This was the album that I kept hidden from my parents.