Adapting to New York City
I've lived in New York for over a year and here is how I've transitioned to east coast city culture.
- •Seasons exist and they are gorgeous
- •You clearly stand "On or off the line" instead of "In or out of line"
- •Feeling the need to be on your style A-game at all timesBecause you can't just go home and change without an approximate 30 minute to 2 hour commute. You never know what your plans turn into throughout the day.
- •You actually wear workout apparel to exerciseNo yoga pants in public
- •Wearing tennis shoes in public is ACTUALLY COOLWhy do we put ourselves in pain. Just why
- •Your level of patience nonchalantly decreasesWhen you're walking the same pace as New Yorkers you slowly understand
- •Everyone also loves Target just as much as you do.
- •30 minute commutes are a breezeYou'll always be wondering how a two hour road trip felt like the longest two hours of your life.
- •Two Story Trader Joes. Drop the Mic
- •In n Out is still the best. Sorry not Sorry.