Slow (Style List of the Week): 5 Basics
I recently became a personal stylist and thought it would be creative to make a weekly list of things I am currently obsessed with. Just in case you are wandering around the app looking for inspiration. I'll start with the 5 basics for any closet and any kind of gal that wants to "revamp" their wardrobe.
- •Plain, Crisp White TopIt could be anything you feel comfortable in: Turtleneck, T-Shirt, Buttondown you name it. No matter what size or skintone you are, everybody looks great in white (or any shade of white for that matter. Having white on top brightens your complexion and is SO EASY to pair with anything.
- •Black denimSleek, slimming and sharp for occasions all around. Black elongates the legs and contrasts well when creating your silhouette. Blue denim doesn't always match the undertones of other colors you are wearing, but you can always count on black
- •Neutral FootwearA muted tone shoe is always going to be your go to if you can't decide what shoes go best. Again, this could be anything: Heel, Bootie, Ballet Flat, the world is your oyster.
- •Leather (optional) Jacket/BlazerLet's face it: it adds a whole lot of class and edge to your look. I put optional just in case you're not comfortable with leather (it's a big step). Experiment with different size lapels and structures to best suit your silhouette.
- •Cheap AccessoriesYou don't have to spend millions on a fun scarf or earrings to jazz things up. I've found some of the best accessories at H&M and Forever 21.