Things I like about living in Fort Worth
We just bought a house in Fort Worth after 10 years of fabulous apartment living in Denton, Portland, and Dallas. 3 of the best cities ever besides Austin and Vancouver. It's been an adjustment to say the least, but there definitely are some perks!
- •It's SO QUIETWe used to be woken up by the beeping and banging sounds of construction every morning. Like even on thanksgiving. Now I don't hear a peep!
- •I'm closer to my parents and sisterI haven't lived in the same county as my family since I moved out so it's really convenient to have that quick access and I don't have to make a whole day of it just to have lunch with them or something.
- •We actually have quite a few friends out hereLike more than we have time for
- •I get to take new routes home from workIt's weird, I know, but I thoroughly enjoy driving on roads I haven't taken before. We'll call it mild exploration. And preparation for a zombie apocalypse. When everyone is lost without their gps, I'll know an alternate route to avoid the herd!
- •Drinks are so cheap!We were at a bar for like 4 hours last night and our tab was $30! For 2 people! That would be like 3 drinks in the big D
- •No stairs, no elevators, no parking garagesSo this is more of a house vs apartment benefit but it's so nice to park right outside your door