What I'll miss most about living in Dallas
Well we bought a house. Yay! BUT it's in the burbs aka not in Dallas. Sad day. The necessary evils of growing up.
- •Bars in walking distanceThis was a love/hate relationship, but SO convenient
- •Restaurants that close AFTER 10:00 pmRecently realized how uncommon this is in the burbs
- •DART access to downtownNo drunk driving to or parking ar concerts, sporting events, St. Patty's Day parade, weddings, parties, hotels, museums, restaurants/bars, airports, etc
- •Apartment pool partiesFree food and booze!
- •Pluckers AddisonJust feels like home
- •Lake Carolyn/Las Colinas canalsEvening walks around the water discussing life plans and getting steps in with the hubby
- •Driving at least 10 mph over the speed limitPeople in Tarrant County drive so unbelievably slow!
- •Diversityi.e. other types of people than soccer moms/dads desperately clinging to their youth and trying to keep up with the Jones's
- •The Cedars SocialThe best cocktails in Dallas. Favorites include: Cedars Old Fashioned and Summer in London
- •All of the friends I've met post collegeHopefully they'll still hang out with us 😩
- •Valley View Mall movie theaterWe're definitely the minority there, but we only pay $4.50 a ticket on a Saturday night!
- •Multiple functional high ways within a mileI-35W does not equal functional
- •Never seeing people I grew up with while out and about🙄