Mary Liz's Home in Williamsburg
For additional photos and the full interview, check out the link: http://somewherehometours.com/#/mary-liz-stunja/
- •How Long Have You Lived Here?I've lived in my glorious apartment for 1 year. I searched high and low for this baby, and I could not love it more. It's a 4 story walk up. I've slowly recruited friends to move in, so 3 of the 4 units are now occupied by my friends and I.
- •Where do you like to find things for your home?Hands-down, CRAIGSLIST. I'm serious. I really love to scour craigslist for furniture. I've scored some amazing deals on designer furniture (Bo Concept, CB2, Room and Board, Crate & Barrel, etc.). It's actually a hobby of mine. I would say 90% of my apartment decor is second-hand from Craigslist. It's a gold-mine in NYC if you are willing to do a lot of work coordinating movers or lugging things yourself.
- •Favorite Room/Nook?Oh man, I love it all. I guess the living room. I have a little coffee bar, not pictured. When I make coffee and sit on my couch I am always like, "Wow, I love this apartment." I've even said this out loud when I'm the only one home. It warms my heart, since it's the first place that I've completely furnished on my own. It's all the things I love. The exposed bricks, high ceilings, and old wood floors really make it charming.
- •What is one item that you scored on?I actually scored on one person. I found a girl on Craigslist who was moving, and she needed to get rid of almost everything in her place. I originally went to look at her bed frame she had listed. We have a really similar sense of style, and I ended up taking almost everything she owned (well, furniture and house-ware). It was a huge score.
- •Roommates?None. I rent out my spare room on Airbnb, so I constantly have one or more strangers living with me. It's a true love of mine to host people, so it has been really fun and fulfilling (as well as financially helpful) to host on Airbnb.