Best Childhood Films if You Were an 80s Baby
Non animated, live action, amazingness
- •Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesProbably the best kids film of our generation. Rumor had it this was originally supposed to be for adults and included a rape scene. Then the studio freaked and hired a new editor to recut the entire project. A perfect balance of drama and comedy that rarely happens in films that include rubber suits.
- •Jurrassic ParkWe have a t-rex. Say that again. We have a t-rex!
- •The Never-ending StoryDude, luck dragons and probably the saddest scene in all of family film. Enough said.
- •The Princess BrideAs you wish.....
- •HookYep, get over it. RUFFIO, RUFFIO, RUFFIO!
- •The WitchesKids get turned into mice that take down a coven of witches with Angelica Houston as the head Witch.
- •A Little PrincessA kids movie that tackles female empowerment, racism, colonialism, and classism in one beautifully shot, art directed, and acted masterpiece.
- •GooniesFucking classic.
- •LabyrinthYou remind of the babe, what babe, the babe with the power, what power, the power of voodoo, who do, remind me of the babe
- •The Dark CrystalPuppeteering at its finest
- •LegendTim Curry as a freaky devil, Tom Cruise when he was worth it, and probably the largest glitter budget in film history.
- •Super Mario BrothersBob Hoskins and John Liguizamo as Italian brothers. Dennis Hopper as King Koopa, seriously need I say more?
- •Home AloneIf this happened in the real world the wet bandits would have died and Kevin would be tried as an adult.
- •The SandlotYou're killing me, Smalls