STEPS I GO THROUGH WHEN I DECIDE WHICH BOOK TO READ NEXT
It always takes me a long time to decide which book I want to read next. And this is why.
- •Get a look at the coverI know, I know. Don't judge a book... But if the book cover isn't a bit interesting I will not consider it. I know it's stupid, but I can't help it. Be honest, if you didn't know it, would you pick this book?
- •Check the font sizeIf the print is too small, I won't read it. I'm not looking for the Bible or the Little Red Book. I want a book I can read without my contact prescription to increase.
- •Make sure there are not too many pagesIf the book is in French - my first language - there's no limit. But if it's in English, I can't go over 500 pages. It's a completely arbitrary limit I have. It's just that I know it'll take me too long to read it to enjoy it.
- •Read the first four or five first sentences.Not because of the story but because of the writing. I think you can quickly get an idea of a writer's style and that's a very important part of a book for me.
- •Look at other booksSeriously, it takes me a long time to decide which book to read next.
- •Pay for the bookWell, yeah, I usually don't steal books.