🌎 FACTS THAT ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD 🌒
- •The Milky Way galaxy is whirling rapidly, spinning our sun and all its other stars at around 100 million km per hour.
- •One problem with working out the age of the Universe is that there are stars in our galaxy which are thought to be 14 to 18 billion years old – older than the estimated age of the Universe. So, either the stars must be younger, or the Universe older.
- •A day in Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
- •The opposite of black holes are estimated to be white holes which spray out matter and light like fountains.
- •Matter spiraling into a black hole is torn apart and glows so brightly that it creates the brightest objects in the Universe – quasars.
- •The Drake Equation was proposed by astronomer Frank Drake to work out how many civilizations there could be in our galaxy - and the figure is in millions.