HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE SUNLIGHT TO REACH THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH?
@laughter asked a very good question on one of my other li.sts, so I did a little research. Thanks for the comment, what I found out was pretty interesting!
- •Regarding #4 on this li.st
- •So apparently lots of textbooks will have various numbers from 100,000 to 50 million years saying how old the light is from the sun before it hits Earth.The source I had used while I was looking up facts to share said 30,000
- •I did a little digging and found that it takes light around 100,000 years to get from the center to the Suns surface.
- •Then takes only about 8 minutes to get from the surface of the Sun to the Earth.
- •I found this article that was really interesting and did a good job explaining things if you want to see a more detailed explanation of this process.
- •I hope this helps, and thank you again @laughter! 💫If anyone else knows anything about this topic, I'd love to hear it!