PARKER SOLAR PROBE 🌞
- •The Parker Solar Probe is a planned NASA robotic spacecraft that will probe the outer corona of the Sun
- •The launch window for the probe is from July 31 to August 19, 2018 and will be launched at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in FloridaIts planned mission is 6 years and 321 days
- •The launch vehicle is the Delta IV-Heavy with Upper Stage
- •The data collected will allow us to gain information on the origin and evolution of solar wind and contribute to our ability to forecast changes in Earth's space environment that affects life and technology on Earth.
- •Goals for this mission include tracing how energy and heat move though the solar corona and to explore what accelerates the solar wind and solar energetic particles.
- •The heat of the corona is 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit, but with today's technology we are finally able to create protection for the probe to send it through these conditions.
- •The probe will carry four instrument suites that have been designed to study magnetic fields, plasma and energetic particles, and image the solar wind.
- •You can find more information about the Parker Solar Probe here: https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe-humanity-s-first-visit-to-a-star