SPOTLIGHT ON SATURN
- •It is named for the Roman god SaturnusThe Greeks called the planet Cronus
- •Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the farthest planet from Earth that can be seen with the naked eyeIt is the fifth brightest object in our solar system
- •Saturn is the second largest planet
- •Saturn is a gas giant and is composed of gasses including hydrogen, helium and methane
- •Saturn's rings were first observed by Galileo Galilei in 1610
- •Saturn orbits the Sun once every 29.4 Earth years
- •Saturn has 150 moons and smaller moonlets, all of which are frozen worlds.
- •Titan and Rhea are Saturn' largest moons, and Enceladus appears to have an ocean below its frozen surface.