WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A STAR DIES
- •Once a star has burned up all of the hydrogen it uses for fuel it will expand, becoming a red giant. This red giant can be millions of kilometers wide.
- •Eventually the star will collapse and become a white dwarf. After billions of years the white dwarf will cool down and become invisible.
- •A supernova is caused when stars that are about 8 times the mass of the sun die. When these stars run out of fuel they turn into red supergiants. For a few million years they can stay alive by burning other fuels, but eventually they explode into massive supernovas.
- •A supernova will be extremely bright for about a week and then it quickly fades, becoming a neutron star or a black hole surrounded by a cloud of hot gas.
- •Elements such as oxygen, carbon, and iron are scattered through space after the explosion and the stardust will eventually create other stars and planets.
- •Li.st is ending, but the creativity will never stop. Thank you all for everything, being a part of this community was an amazing experience and I really enjoyed the time I had on this app. @bjnovak and everyone else at li.st, thank you for all of the time and effort you put into building this community and I am excited to what comes next.If anyone would like to stay in contact you can find me on both twitter and instagram as sschmidiot or you can join the slack group I created here: https://join.slack.com/t/formerlisters/shared_invite/enQtMjQ3NjE5NTgwNzQwLWU5MjQ0MTFiMGEzMjZiYmQwNmM1YjJlYTgwMDc1N2MyMjlmNTJhMTk4NDY5NTE0ZTA5ZDVkMDdjZTRmMDA2ODY