MOVIES I THINK YOU SHOULD WATCH
cry city for most of these, tbh
- 1.I OriginsThis movie haunts me. You can't be be same after seeing it. It's a love story but it's also a story about who we are, or rather might be, beyond this life.
- 2.Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless MindI love this movie so much that I have a piece of it tattooed on me. A gorgeous look at the way we love others and how that love is necessary to who we are, even when they're gone.
- 3.The NinesThis one is a toughie. To truly love it, you have to push past a lot of "what the hell is going on??". This is also one that I can't tell you anything about. Any bit of information might ruin the whole thing. You just have to trust me and watch it.
- 4.Mr NobodyYou'll cry a lot but you'll look at life differently if you pay attention.
- 5.Wish I Was HereThis was the movie that made me see my parents as people, not just parents. I cried inconsolably for days.
- 6.BoyhoodThis movie is so fucking special, there are barely words. You get a bit of a life, year by year over the span of 12 years. But it's the same cast. Year by year you truly see a person grow into themselves. It's heartbreaking and magical and you have to see it.
- 7.The DescendantsI love this movie for so many reasons, mostly because it taught me that death doesn't erase who a person is or what they did. But it does help you forgive them.
- 8.Garden StateTwo Zach Braff movies on one list?! It's srs business, guys. This one has a lot of introspection and teaches you not to take yourself so seriously. The soundtrack is flawless too. (Zach is known for his taste in music)
- 9.Before Series (Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight)Unlike anything else I've ever seen but so incredibly lovely. Each movie is 10 years apart, following the same couple for a day. It's honest, often brutally so.
- 10.Blue ValentineThe movie that gave me commitment issues. But hey, Ryan Gosling tho😍