ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
Any time that I got to spend on the farm with my grandparents or my cousin, who I share birthdays with and who was my best friend.
- •Here is us, sharing a birthday.
- •(still make this face in pictures tbh)
- •At the Church up the road.
- •That same Church.
- •I know older generations shit all over the kids of today, criticizing them for having technology as play things.
- •And I know that's unfair because they didn't ask for it.
- •It was just given to them. A birthright.
- •But fuck. I don't envy them at all.
- •I was the luckiest kid in the whole god damn world.
- •Running through trees with flowers clutched tight in my fists.
- •Picking strawberries and complaining about how hot it was outside, while my grandma told me "if you quit complaining and picked faster you wouldn't have to BE outside."
- •I made friends with the horses at the next farm over.
- •And had peaches so sweet and sticky that I was licking juice off my fingers for hours.
- •I can't even remember some of the best moments. Can't put the other half into words.
- •I hope it's the same for all of you.