WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MUSIC
@nathanveshecco is a god damn treasure for this one.
- •For me, music started in a Saturn, with the windows down. And with my Dad, his fingers on the volume, cranking it up and yelling at me in the backseat-"You hear this, Celine? This is rock and roll!"
- •Sometimes it was Joan Jett (who my dad told me is the truest woman in rock and roll) and sometimes it was The Beatles. And it was everything in between.
- •What do I love about music? Well, you know...To begin with, everything.
- •I love catchy theme songs at the beginning of shows that I love watching with my friends.And the songs IN shows that become things I casually drop in conversations.
- •I love how when the cassette player that links my iPhone to my car radio breaks (aka every few months) I have to listen to the ACTUAL radio, and sometimes an old song comes on like "Jump" and I'm instantly filled with incredible amounts of joy.
- •I love the fact that my friends rely on me to play good music when we're getting ready or going on a road trip.I love that the right playlist makes all the difference.
- •I love good music in movies, because it's important and it helps us absorb the message better and it adds to our own life soundtrack.
- •I love that music links people, like how I'll never hear Human by Jon Bellion the same since I played it for my ex in his car while we were waiting for it to stop raining.
- •I love that when I couldn't sleep for four months straight, the album Atlas Year One by Sleeping At Last found its way into my heart and helped me close my eyes, finallyfinallyfinally.
- •I love driving for hours with friends to see an artist we adore play a show.This is Lights, the last time she came into town. I pushed my way up front eventually.
- •I love how sweaty everyone gets and how it smells awful and sweet at the same time and I love that it's hard to hear afterwards so we're all screaming to hear one another the whole way home.
- •I love patiently waiting for an artist to release their next album.(Even when that becomes less and less easy to do because I need their words more and more every passing day)
- •I love when people recommend me music and when I listen to it for the first time it sounds so much like them that I wonder if maybe our personalities are just scratches and dips on a record.
- •I love how music shapes us. How it evolves us, takes us to the next level of who we are.
- •And I love how we can get back to who we were in a certain period of our life by listening to specific songs or albums.
- •I love that this list is never ending because music is never ending.
- •What do I love about music?