Oddest Things About Living in Boone, North Carolina
A strange mountain town.
- •Ask anyone on the street to name a local farmer. They will.
- •Freezing fogThat's a thing and it sucks.
- •Ridiculous temperature fluctuations.I've worn shorts hours before it snowed a number of times.
- •The locals are "true" hippies
- •Pot jokes everywhereHigh country, self evident.
- •You want a donation based organic grocery store? You've got 3.
- •Wolfies Sandwiches seems to run on a seemingly quantum timescale for their hoursIf you want to eat there, they're closed. Too full to take another bite? Open and cooking.
- •Floridian tourists.They either drive 10 over or 10 under the speed limit.
- •The "Dos" vs "Los" debate divides everyone.It's Mexican food of equivalent quality.