The Infamous Banana Story
A cold day in late February 2013
- •Returning from grocery shopping with my roommate, Will, we board the bus. Red route.
- •It's nearly full, there are two seats left at the back.
- •A woman sits across from the open seats, her bags taking up the seats next to her.
- •She's wearing one purple glove.
- •Her hair is a mess, her coat is misbuttoned
- •She's wearing one purple glove, the other hand is bare.
- •My roommate and I are talking quietly
- •She begins to hum "I like to eat apples and bananas"
- •Slowly, it builds, until she is singing the words out loud
- •Suddenly she stops and stares me directly in the eyes and shouts "YOU LOOK LIKE A BANANA!"
- •I'm surprised, but maybe flattered?
- •I'll take it as a compliment.