Imo Top 5 Samsung Phone Blunders
Any company that has dealt with smartphones have their ups and downs. Samsung, being one of the biggest android smartphone producers in the world, don't have immunity. These are, In My Opinion, the worse mistakes/issues done by the Samsung Powerhouse
- •Samsung PayTrying to compete with the likes of Apple when it comes to the mobile wallet category is really endearing, however, make sure that your systems aren't so easily compromised. Especially when you barely launched the service!
- •Gimmicky PhoneIt's always good to think outside the box, however, Samsung's Galaxy Edge line of phones are just gimmicks. Curved screens are interesting, but after seeing what happened with LG's Flex series, it safe to say that Samsung will stop exploring the "edge of the Galaxy" and come back home.
- •More Cores does not equal More PowerHow is it that ever year, Samsung releases a phone with a multiple core processor and a couple of GBs of RAM, only for it to match the power of the new iPhone that has older processors and less RAM? Not sure if this is Samsung's fault or if it's the fault of the Android operating system, however this, IMO is one of the worse things about the whole Apple vs Android debate.
- •Samsung's Android OSSome people say that Apple's iOS is very boring and plain, however, I personally haven't used a Galaxy phone since the S2, but after helping people with their phones at work, the only differences between the the S2 and the S6 is that style the base Android OS brings to the table.
- •Removing the Changeable Battery and Expandable MemoryYou're competing against Apple, what would you do? If you said remove two of the features that attract a lot of people to the Android phones, then you sir/madam, were probably in the development team for the S6. Why on Earth would you do that? Removing those features was the dumbest thing I've seen from Samsung. It was so dumb that LG has been lashing out with their ads for their G5 that literally do nothing but explain that their phone has those features. Good job Samsung!