TOP TEN GOOD THINGS ABOUT THANKSGIVING FOOTBALL
From Thanksgiving Day
- •10. You can use it as an excuse to not have to spend time with your family.
- •9. It's the only way people will willingly watch a Detroit Lions game.
- •8. There's a good chance the Dallas Cowboys will lose in front of a national audience.
- •7. Without it, you'd still probably think it's Christmastime.
- •6. It'll probably inspire children to use the turkey as football and in turn inspire parents to ground their children.
- •5. Did I forget to mention the Cowboys could embarrass themselves on national TV?
- •4. The games will likely save you from having to watch... uh... whatever else it is TV networks play on Thanksgiving.
- •3. It's probably the only time of year when you say the words "touchdown" and "cranberry" in the same sentence.
- •2. It lets you forget just for one moment that almost everything else that happened in sports this year sucked.
- •1. All of the football action will make you get away from Brooks Bannister's lame lists.