THE AFTER EFFECTS OF AN AUDITION
I had it on Monday and I really wanted this one!
- •Mixed feelingsThe first take was really. Not sure of the second take. But I'm my worst judge. When I think I did amazing, I don't get called. When I think I messed it up, I get a callback
- •The nausea has subsided and I find myself starvingI can only have crackers or pretzels and chamomile tea before an audition. Or I eat, but it usually doesn't settle well. After the audition, I need nutrients.
- •I mentally exhaust myself going over the audition in my head while eating
- •Hope for a call in 24 hoursI think I connected well. I was off book. I really hope for a call back, it could happen
- •Hope for a call within 48 hoursIt doesn't shoot for a couple weeks, they could call me today too. By 7, I'm feeling bad but keep it well hidden
- •Day three I feel totally sick and sad like I lost something preciousThe opportunity, the experience. Can't eat
- •Self doubtDo I suck? I should've been more connected. I should looked the other way. I can't believe I even went in thinking I could get the part
- •MourningI'm sad I didn't get it. Chocolate, swedish fish and wine are my comforts
- •Let it goMaybe it wasn't the right part for me. Maybe I should've been even more prepared. I learned something from this experience.
- •Hope for another great opportunityJames Caan said that if you miss the bus eventually there will be another one. I'm still working on 6-8 but I'm THINKING about 9.
- •And then they call you (over a week later!!!!) and you find out you book it💃