7 local spots for celebrating National Hot Dog Month
Given that July is National Hot Dog Month, we thought it would be appropriate to celebrate the region's doggy diversity.
- •Paul's Place Famous Hot DogsPerhaps best know for its distinctive relish reminiscent of chili — owners say the recipe harkens back to wartime beef rationing — this Pender County institution has been in business since 1928. Details: 11725 U.S. 117 South, Rocky Point. 910-675-2345.
- •Trolly Stopday at the beach without a nosh at this local favorite. Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, the Wrightsville Beach bastion has since expanded into four additional locations, but the original is still our favorite. Details: 94 South Lumina Avenue, Wrightsville Beach. 910-256-3421 or www.TrollyStopHotDogs.com.
- •Concession stands everywhereIs there really another reason to endure the blazing sun at your local ball park? Details: We’re big fast of the Winter Park Optimist Club’s weenies at Hugh MacRae Park, 1799 S. College Road, Wilmington.
- •Bob's DogsA Brunswick County favorite since opening in 2010, this weenie roaster features a menu of burgers, salads and sandwiches, but we prefer to stick to the store’s signature dish. Details: 8903 E. Oak Island Drive, Oak Island. 910-278-3456 or www.BobsDogsOKI.com
- •For the complete list visit http://bit.ly/29sGNRB