THINGS TO DO OVER THE HOLIDAY SEASON WHEN THERE IS NO INTERNET
Challenge accepted @ceelbomb. I've been alive long enough to have memories of holidays before Internet-or-not was a question.
- •Decorate your abode.Maybe even make something new to add to the decor.
- •Bake holiday treats.Yum!
- •Read aloud with family/friends.The Night Before Christmas, A Christmas Carol, Eight Winter Nights, you get the idea.
- •Watch holiday movies on TV deluxe style.Go all out. Popcorn, snuggle blankies, jammies.
- •Feed the birds. Especially fun with kids.Go outside & collect pine cones. The sort with open "petals" work best. Bring them in & spread peanut butter on them. Roll them in birdseed if you happen to have some. Tie a ribbon to the top. Take the cone(s) back outside. Hang in trees. Wish the birds bon appetit.
- •Ask a child to explain the holiday to you.
- •Reminisce about past holidays with family/friends.Ask your family (natural & chosen) how traditions got started. Ask about their favorite holidays in the past. I got to know new aspects of my gran that way.
- •JournalNo matter how ordinary & boring you think you are...you're wrong.
- •Hang out.Lounge around with the people you love. Talk. Laugh. You never know when you'll get to spend time with them again. Really. That's not just a saying. It's hard fact.
- •Write an actual letter to someone you haven't seen in a long time.Suggested by @bookishclaire