INSTRUCTIONS IN COOKBOOKS THAT DRIVE ME INSANE
Was there an editor?! How did they let that slip through. Open to your suggestions!
- •Cook until done.What the hell does that mean?! No, tell me how long!!
- •Cook until flesh is firm to the touch.Am I really supposed to give myself 3rd degree burns poking this piece of fish??
- •Bake until springy to the touch.Again: burning myself.
- •Juice of half a lemon (or lime, orange, etc...)I have a lemon in my fruit basket right now the size of a softball. You don't really want me to put half of that in my recipe do you? Measure that out please and be specific!
- •Add 1 1/3 cups flour.1/3? 😡Suggested by @sally
- •season to tasteso what you're saying is you want me to try this raw chicken?Suggested by @nelle