Star Trek Movies Ranked
Star Trek Beyond is coming this summer. How will it measure up?
- •1) Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country (1991)This is a tough call but I got to go with what I believe. This is the best Star Trek flick. It is odd to say that about a sixth installment in a franchise.
- •2) Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan (1982)One hell of a thrill ride. This film arguably features the series best villain. It also has everything that makes Star Trek great.
- •3) Star Trek First Contact (1996)The best of the flicks featuring The Next Generation cast. Great action, great story with awesome twists and turns.
- •4) Star Trek IV The Voyage Home (1986)This film leaves behind action and embraces a unique and hilarious story that turns out to be one of the best in the series.
- •5) Star Trek BeyondThe best of the rebooted series.
- •6) Star Trek The Motion Picture (1979)This one is kind of the black sheep of the series. I love that it embraces the mysteries of space.
- •7) Star Trek III The Search For Spock (1984)This one feels kind of forced. It is almost an excuse to get Spock back in the series. It does have some of the franchises most iconic moments.
- •8) Star Trek Generations (1994)A fun film that features a passing of the torch from one captain to another.
- •9) Star Trek Insurrection (1998)This one is a better film than it gets credit for.
- •10) Star Trek (2009)The reboot that is entertaining yet fails to capture the essence of what Star Trek really is.
- •11) Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)This one is essentially a pointless remake of The Wrath Of Khan.
- •12) Star Trek Nemesis (2002)A Star Trek film that abandons an intriguing story for non-stop action. This is not what Star Trek is.
- •13) Star Trek V The Final Frontier (1989)The weakest Trek film isn't a terrible movie, just a piss poor Star Trek movie.