BOOKS I HAVE PURCHASED THIS WEEK
And now I'm on an official book purchasing ban.
- •The Group by Mary McCarthyI ordered this awhile ago, but it came this week.
- •A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon JamesStrand gift card. I am SO excited to read this, the cashier was even excited that I was buying this.
- •My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim PotokStrand gift card. This has been on my list for awhile.
- •A Son of the Circus by John IrvingThis is one that I missed during my John Irving phase in college. Hardcover for $2 at a local thrift store.
- •The Best American Short Stories of the Century edited by John Updike$1 at local thrift store.
- •Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakHardcover for a dollar. I couldn't just leave it there!
- •Madeline and the Old House in Paris by John Bemelmens MarcianoNot the original author, but still Madeline!
- •Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratneyAnother hardcover for a dollar! We have all three of these books in my classroom already, I couldn't resist the cheap, nice copies though.
- •Swamplandia by Karen RussellBecause I bought so many books, the shop owner let me pick out one for free! I've heard good things about this, let's see!
- •11/22/63 by Steven KingReward purchase at Target because I was buying lots of boring things. I was going to "borrow" this from my mother's house over Christmas, but was hardcover and so heavy to bring back. This copy is tiny and perfect!