Cool things of the week (three year old edition)
Spent the week with M, a lovely three year old with awesome taste.
- •Album: What Time is it on Sesame Street?Happened upon it on Spotify this week and it is awesome. The album goes through what happens at different times during the day. M's favorites include "How Do You Get From Here to There?" and "Clean-up Time" (I sing Bob's part about cleaning up and she sings the Oscar the Grouch part about mess-up time).
- •Book: The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. MilneI have been amazed at M's concentration and attention when I read these out loud. The language is so lovely and stories are so funny and sweet. M likes this one the best because the stories include Tigger, a character much like M.
- •Book: Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskeyM looks a lot like Sal and probably identifies strongly with being distracted easily by blueberries.
- •Book: If You Give a Mouse a CookieAnother kindred spirit.
- •Book series: Henry and Mudge by Cynthia RylantThank goodness this is a massive series. The obsession is a big one.
- •Outing: The library.To read a mountain of books and bring home a mountain of books.
- •Indoor activity: Reading a mountain of books all in a row."Just one more. And then another." M and I have this in common. ❤️
- •Indoor activity: Cutting, gluing and hole punching.Clean up is a bitch, but it's worth it. The picture is from the science museum where we stayed in the area with paper, scissors and hole punchers for a very long time doing the same this we would have done at home.
- •Outdoor activity: Riding her scooter."I just want to scoot, scoot, scoot!!!" To the library, to the grocery store, to the park. The entire time at the park (especially if there's any kind of water to ride through). She's a scooting machine!
- •TV show: Dragon TalesAnd earning them for successfully using the toilet. Like a big kid. 😎