Favorite albums from growing up, graded by my adult brain and ears.
I've been listening to old favorites and have been both pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised. This is very fun and I will keep adding to it.
- •Crazysexycool by TLCA. I can't believe I was listening to this in 5th grade, but it's really good! I listened to it a couple of nights ago and just listened again. I had forgotten how good some of the non-hits from this album were. It's solid.
- •The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn HillA+++. I'll be honest, I haven't really stopped listening to this album. It's so damn good!
- •Rainbow by Mariah CareyD. It's pretty insufferable and is brought up a full letter grade because of Jay-Z and Usher. The songs are bad and Mariah's singing is all over the place. My poor parents.
- •Never Say Never by BrandyD. I still really like a couple of these songs. Man, remember Mase? That was a fun little period in pop music. Doesn't matter, album brought down full letter grade for how much "The Boy is Mine" pisses me off as an adult brained person. IF HE'S CHEATING, WHY ARE YOU MAD AT THE OTHER GIRL!? Bozos.
- •II by Boyz II MenA. Honestly, some of my favorite songs ever are on this album, but I haven't listened to it in its entirety in years. The non-hits are pretty stellar too.
- •Middle of Nowhere by HansonA+. Not sorry. This band and this album entered my life at the exact right time, I will never be able to listen to it and think it is anything less than perfect.
- •The Writing's On the Wall by Destiny's ChildB+. I remembered every single word to every single song and I don't even remember listening to it that much! Not every song is perfect, but it's an all around good album.
- •John Michael Montgomery by John Michael MontgomeryB. Not perfect, but fun and reminded me of some songs that I had totally forgotten about. Also some of my long lasting faves on this album.