First 10 thoughts that pass through my mind when I wake up
Inspired by @bjnovak
- •I have to pee. Twenty minutes before my alarm goes off and I'm awake. Not fair.
- •Is my clock right? It didn't seem like the right amount of sleep.
- •Is there any possibility that today is a holiday I forgot about? Or Saturday? Or a snow day?
- •I should make coffee.
- •I could sleep ten more minutes and get coffee on the way to work.
- •Damn it, what am I going to wear today? I need to do laundry.
- •Do I have clean pants? If I wear pants I won't have to shave my legs in the shower. That's ten more minutes in bed.
- •I wonder if anything important happened while I was sleeping?
- •Crap, what's on my lesson plan for today? Did everyone finish their art project yesterday? I hope Eddie doesn't have strep. But it's okay if he's absent today. Is there any chance my assistant did the prep work I asked her to do yesterday?Work anxieties are racing thoughts, so count as one.
- •UGH!! Can't hold it anymore, I'm up!