I ❤️ QUEENS
Living in Manhattan is a lot to deal with, Brooklyn is just fine, but Queens is really the best borough.
- •The foodThai? Turkish? Mexican? Japanese? Peruvian? Indian? Korean? You can get it all, delicious, delivered and CHEAP!
- •The diversityThere were nine different home languages in my preK class last year (9!!!). It's just a neighborhood school. I love telling this to moms who pay loads of money to send kids to international schools. Queens IS international.
- •The Queensborough BridgeSome of my favorite memories are late night, tipsy, cab rides over this bridge. And it has its own song.
- •The MetsAre they great? Eh, maybe not always, but there's some major Mets pride over here and I love it!
- •Jackson Heights Pride ParadeIt's all older people and families, not what you might think to be a typical Pride Parade crowd. Makes me so happy and proud to live here!
- •Car service companiesPre-Uber and green cabs, this was the way to get around and I still prefer it. I have strong loyalties to these neighborhood companies.
- •Affordable rent and decent sized apartments.For NYC. For now.