JANUARY READING LIST
- •The Diary of a Teenage Girl by Phoebe GloecknerDark, painful, funny, and sad. Can't wait to see the movie!
- •Unabrow by Una LaMarcheSome funny essays about growing up.
- •The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy SchiffFail. I had to return it before I could finish. This book is on such high demand at the NY Public Library that I had a shorter check out period than normal and was not allowed to renew it. Entertaining and informative so far, I'll let you know when I finish.
- •Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SaenzSuch a beautiful story!! I cannot recommend this more highly!
- •The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan DidionI read this in college, but it was more meaningful with an older brain.
- •Tiny Beautiful Things by @CherylStrayedSince finishing this book, I have purchased two more copies for friends who I thought might benefit from reading it. More interesting and much cheaper than therapy!
- •Fangirl by Rainbow RowellWanna know what I was like from ages 18-21? The main character of this book was very familiar, in personality and situation. It was really great, but a little hard for me to read.
- •Nimona by Noelle StevensonNimona is the shit! Funny and tough, I am so happy that she exists and that young girls are reading about her. And Noelle Stevenson is only 23 years old!! I can't wait to see what else she decides to do!