Live list: Preschool Naptime
Since they're not sleeping and I can't get any actual work done, I thought I'd make a list.
- •40 minutes into a two hour nap.
- •Six kids.
- •One teacher.
- •Two stuffed rabbits, one stuffed bear, three stuffed monkeys, and one stuffed cat.
- •Three sleeping children, two wiggle worms and one who is fading.
- •"Feet away from his head."
- •"Do NOT wake him up."
- •"Close your eyes, it's naptime."—"Why?"I am NOT engaging in this conversation, go to sleep!!
- •"Take Monkey down from the sticky wall please."
- •Wiggle worms were just told they would be the first ones woken up if they didn't stop playing. Quieter now.
- •One drink of water and two songs later, I have five sleepers and another who is almost there.
- •One teacher who thought listing would be easy during nap. No.
- •Kids are all asleep, one hour and twenty minutes into nap.
- •The cuteness of a group of sleeping 2.5-3 year olds is ridiculous. I really love my class this year, they're super sweet. 💕
- •One assistant teacher back from her break—twenty minutes late.
- •Assistant who does nothing gets to enjoy a restful forty minutes while I'm on break.
- •I run out of the room saying "I'm fine!!" after being chided by my assistant for not wearing my coat or scarf. I'm fine. FINE!