Places I've been this weekend
It's been gorgeous and perfect for walking around.
- •The StrandSold some books. Took store credit like the junkie I am.
- •The BeanSat and read for a long time. Latte was fine, donut from Dough was incredible.
- •The Rubin MuseumWas pulled into a tour and highly suggest you try to join one if you go. Beautiful place. Learned a lot of things I didn't know about Buddhism.
- •Housing Works Thrift ShopBought a really nice sauce pan for $6.
- •Books of WonderThey were having a sidewalk sale and I found a set of picture cards I can use with my students.
- •Union Square Farmer's MarketShould I buy a basil plant for my apartment? Will I kill it?
- •Hale and HeartyHad kale and sweet potato chowder. 👍
- •Dunkin DonutsCoffee.
- •The Museum of the Moving ImageStared at a first draft of a Seinfeld script written in a spiral bound notebook by Larry David—woah! Also, lots of cool stuff on their fall calendar, will be back soon!
- •StarbucksCoffee and pumpkin scone. Yay for pumpkin stuff being available again!
- •Astoria BookshopLove this place! I hope it has babies, there is a major lack of bookstores in this borough! Bought two books.
- •Salvation ArmyWent in to look for more kitchen stuff, came out with more books. 🙄
- •Met FoodsGroceries. I'm supposed to be panicking about the hurricane. I'm not, but I won't be lying to my mom when she asks me if I've stocked the kitchen.