SPLURGES THAT ARE ALWAYS WORTH IT
- •New release hardcover from a favorite author.
- •Anything from L'OccitaneEverything from here is so good that you won't even blink at dropping $30 on shower oil. I allow myself in here about once a year.
- •Friday night happy hourThis typically includes nachos and sangria, so it's a dietary and financial splurge.
- •Trip to the movies on a rainy day, complete with snacks.Movie tickets in NYC are $16 and a popcorn and soda can set you back almost $20. 😖 But it is a really fun thing to do anyway.
- •Sunday night SeamlessUsually after a major grocery run that has left me too exhausted to cook anything.
- •UberNecessary if it's late and you're drunk and it's going to take you more than an hour to take public transit. A splurge if it's before 10 p.m. and you're not that far from home, just too tired to deal.
- •Basically any trip to @strandbookstoreThe last thing I NEED is more books taking up space in my apartment. I just don't care.