SELF-CARE RITUALS I WOULD LIKE TO INCORPORATE IN MY DAILY LIFE
I think all this can be achieved by waking up earlier, and having a real, Sunday-like stay-at home morning, afternoon, or evening in.
- •AbhayangaTraditional Ayurvedic self oil massage. After dry-brushing, and followed by a rinse. No soap, just water, so that my skin is no longer oily on the surface but still unperturbed from penetrating deeper layers of sebum.
- •Daily cleansing/exfoliating/moisturizing for my face
- •Daily meditation
- •Daily pranayama/breath awareness practice
- •Ideally, a daily yoga practice
- •Oil pullingAlso an Ayurvedic self care ritual, for healthy gums and teeth.
- •Tongue scraping?Haven't tried it yet
- •Oiling my hair once a weekYes, it's also an Indian thing.
- •A restorative yoga pose per day, preferably an inversion.
- •A restorative yoga practice once a week.
- •A bath/hot tub/sauna once a week. Even if it's just a footbath!
- •A massage/acupuncture/facial - some sort of body therapy once a month
- •Weekly preeningBecause I tend to only pluck my eyebrows, cut my nails etc. only when I notice things starting to get out of control and I'd like to be more intentional about caring for my body.