Things I Learned Tonight at Sunday Poker
I was not the token girl tonight, and the gender balance oddly meant there was a lot less gossip than usual. Still some notable discoveries...
- •Paul McCartney has an album he recorded entirely by himself in his basement in 1979: McCartney II. It is weird and great... and includes a song that allegedly inspired TLC's Waterfalls.Did everyone else know this except me?!
- •Babies aren't ticklish until they are old enough to realize another human is tickling them.
- •The mayor of Ithaca is a 28 year old Democrat in his 4th year in office, and he's doing an excellent job.
- •Dog shared-custody makes up the primary clientele of a local LA doggie daycare where my friend takes his dog (which he got with his ex)
- •Wine and peanut butter pretzels do not taste good together.
- •Malcolm-Jamal Warner wrote an autobiography called "Theo and Me: Growing Up Ok." And the book jacket unfolds into a glossy photo poster.Why our host hadn't had this framed remains a mystery. Also "Growing Up Ok" is a pretty heartbreaking subtitle, no?
- •Snooping through someone's bookshelf can tell you a lot about them.
- •I will never be a professional poker player.I knew this one already.