Mispronounced words (rolls eyes)
Sorry, this is a pet peeve!
- •Medicinal not "medi-seenal"
- •Salmon, not "sall-mon" the "l is silent people!
- •Birthday, not "birf-day". The day of your birth.
- •Many small rodents in a group are mice, not "mices"
- •Concierge, not "consee-air". Yes it's French, but the word is in English usage and pronounced "kôNˈsyerZH"
- •This is a contentious one in our household - folk, pronounced fōk not foLk (the emphasis on the "l")
- •Espresso- yep, no "x" anywhere in sight.
- •And while I'm on the letter "x" it's escape, not excape.
- •Case of a missing "t" - it's mountain, not "moun-in"
- •A commonly mispronounced phrase - for all intents and purposes, not "for all intensive purposes".