HOW THINGS SPREAD
What makes an idea, a brand, or a behavior catch fire? Our latest episode explores the mysteries behind the many things we spread. Listen to the full episode here: http://n.pr/1QXxQTy
- •Laughter: http://n.pr/1LYjafsNeuroscientist Sophie Scott studies laughter, specifically its effect on our body and brain. She discusses laughter's contagious nature, as well as its role in maintaining social bonds.
- •Health: http://n.pr/1oUNPFaPhysician and social scientist Nicholas Christakis explains how face-to-face social networks and their structures influence behaviors and phenomena in human society and the natural living world.
- •Ideas: http://n.pr/1WZhHv9Entrepreneur and blogger Seth Godin describes how the marketing of ideas has changed since the invention of sliced bread, as well as the type of ideas that stick in consumer's minds.
- •Epidemics: http://n.pr/1oUMPkkEntrepreneur and philanthropist Bill Gates stresses our dire need for a system that can take on the challenges of the next global health epidemic.
- •The human species: http://n.pr/1SnGWs1Historian Yuval Harari explains how human imagination powered the growth and spread of homo sapiens around the world.