What It's Like To "Hear" Color
Artist Neil Harbisson was born completely color blind. But thanks to a device attached to his head, he can now "hear" color, which allows him to experience an element that was once invisible. Here’s how it’s changed his world: http://n.pr/1z1beHt
- •He says going to a museum and hearing all the colors in paintings is like “going to a concert hall.”
- •He dresses in a way that “sounds good.”He dresses in colors that sounds like C major when he's in a good mood, B minor for sadder days.
- •Neil can “hear” faces -- and says it's changed the way he perceives beauty.“So someone might look very beautiful, but sound terrible.”
- •He paints music by translating the notes and chords into color.Mozart uses a lot of yellow, whereas Justin Bieber is very pink.
- •He can perceive colors that most humans cannot -- like infrared.“Infrared is my favorite color. It's the lowest and it's always in unexpected places.”