Cookies to Bake (or No-bake) if You Don't Have a Mixer
Requested by @katvetrano, and I'm here to help you.
- •You know, people baked cookies long before mechanical mixers were invented.Get yourself a good arm workout and cream that butter and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon like your ancestors did. Make sure your butter is room temperature or you'll throw in the towel quickly. Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite to make without a mixer.
- •Here's a simple, old-time, no bake confection from Fannie Farmer (google her).It's called "Coconut Chocolate Clusters". The recipe calls for pecans, but I omit, because I prefer Mounds Bars over Almond Joys.
- •You'll need:3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp vanilla, a dash of salt, 2 cups sweetened coconut and 1 cup pecan pieces (or not).
- •Melt the chocolate and the sweetened condensed milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir to combine til incorporated and smooth.
- •Stir in the salt and vanilla.
- •Stir in the coconut and pecans, if using
- •Drop by teaspoons (or tablespoons for a bigger bite) onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. They're going to look a little like haystacks.
- •Refrigerate til firm.
- •Try to resist eating them all.