It's the Night Before You're Going to the Electric Chair. What's Your Last Meal?
I don't care what crime you committed that got you here in the first place. I just want to know what your very last meal would be.
- •My original meal choice included any kind of one pot dish with copious amounts of cheese and tomatoes.
- •After eating Gabrielle Hamilton's (Prune Restaurant) pasta kerchiefs with spinach, French ham, and a poached egg in a sauce of brown butter and toasted pine nuts, I forgot all about my cheese and tomatoes.
- •M&M's for dessert (plain). Must be a large bag, because I'm going to the chair and those prison-issue jumpsuits have elastic waistbands.
- •Dominique Ansel's kouign amannFlaky, buttery, tender croissant dough with the crunchiest sugared topping you've ever sunk your teeth into. Then there's the gooey interior. Need I say more, @eatthelove?
- •Terriyaki beef, crab rangoon and white riceSuggested by @sky
- •The appetizer box from Antiqua Pesa in Rome, the Truffle Stuffed Chicken from Nomad in NYC and a Pie Shake from Chili Pies & Ice Cream.Good big before you go home for good.Suggested by @donnie
- •Chips and dip, preferably queso and lots of it. Crab Rangoon. Frisco Melt from Steak n' Shake. Heath Bar Blizzard.If I'm going out, I intend to do so in a blaze of lactose.Suggested by @abbyzeecee
- •No last meal. I don't want to feel bloated when they pull the switch.Suggested by @13spencer
- •Soylent, side of optimismSuggested by @JeremyPivot
- •My Dad's rainbow trout cooked with capers, wine and parsley. Green beans with bacon, shallots, sun gold tomatoes and more white wine. Wait why isn't my Dad stopping them😩Suggested by @katvetrano
- •Eggs Copenhague with a side of bacon and fruit from our secret brunch spot which I will not list here, chocolate croissant from fancy bakery with line around the block, deep dish pizza from paxtis, shrimp and alligator cheesecake from Jacques-imos in New Orleans, smoked pasta from Haven in Oakland, Cronut, cupcake from mustache bakery in HealdsburgSuggested by @dena
- •my mama's korean beef short rib stewcomfort food that hits home and brangs the FEEEEELZSuggested by @Samuel