Things I've Done Today in Asheville
It's been raining for hours. Not just rain, but thunder & lightning, the- world-is-ending-get-the-ark kind of rain.
- •Got out of bed at 4:30amOne of our dogs, Vivi, is terrified of thunder. I got up with her, put her thunder shirt on her & gave her a a bit of children's Benadryl to calm her down.
- •Had a total of 4 espresso shots with milk.Which would explain why I'm a bit manic now.
- •Bathed my other dog, Josie.She's been a bit anxious in her new surroundings, so she's gotten sick a few nights in a row. All better.
- •Drove to Biltmore Village, by myself.15 minutes from here, in the pouring rain.
- •Made butter.You read that correctly. I'm making Edna Lewis' buttermilk biscuits tomorrow morning, so I turned cream into butter and got a bonus cup of fresh, REAL buttermilk. And, while milk with a shot of vinegar or lemon juice does clabber milk, it's not the same. Who am I, I'm asking myself?
- •Did a few loads of laundry.I love to do laundry.
- •Published 3 lists today.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉