Marvel Movies Ranked (Again!)
I've spent a good chunk of the last two weeks of my summer break re-watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movies in order of their release. I love many of these films and like pretty much all of them so this definitely is the list of a Marvel fan and not a movie critic. Enjoy this re-hash of a li.st I did before I deleted my previous account
- 1.The Avengers1st Marvel movie I saw in the theater. It was love at first sight! The first time the whole gang assembled will always be my favorite.
- 2.Captain America: The Winter SoldierProbably the best MCU movie top to bottom
- 3.Guardians of the GalaxySo fun and awesome and different than previous MCU movies.
- 4.ThorEpic introduction to the world of Asgard!
- 5.Captain America: The First AvengerEpic origin story and probably the best love story of the MCU. Steve + Peggy 😢 💔
- 6.Iron ManThe one that started it all. Hey that would also be the title of the episode if this movie was a Friends episode! But I digress....
- 7.Captain America: Civil WarTerrific story and action. Amazing introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther into the MCU. Only not in my top 5 because I get sad watching my favorites fight each other every time I see it.
- 8.Spider-Man: HomecomingLoved it! Really like Tom Holland as Spidey.
- 9.Avengers: Age of UltronWorthy sequel to the first gathering but not as lovable. Not a fan of the Black Widow/Bruce Banner love story.
- 10.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2Certainly "more" of everything compared to the first- action, laughs, effects...but not near as charming to me.
- 11.Iron Man 3Lots of Marvel geeks hated the Mandarin twist but I thought it was genius and hilarious
- 12.Dr. StrangeVery cool intro to the magical and mystical side of Marvel
- 13.Iron Man 2Don't love the villains in this one but this is the one that introduced us to Black Widow and the 1st major appearance of Nick Fury. I also like the Don Cheadle for Terrence Howard swap
- 14.Ant-ManHate to rank this so low because I like it a lot. Proof that Marvel can make a good movie about any hero
- 15.Thor: The Dark WorldAnother one I hate to rank so low but dislike the villains and hey...it's a lot of movies so somebody's gotta be next to last.
- 16.The Incredible HulkI don't dislike this one but it feels very disconnected to the other movies of the universe. The Edward Norton one-off contributes to this for me...but I'm still thankful Mark Ruffalo took over the role in future movies.